Working in the United States

There are several ways for an international student to work while studying at TCC.

Remember that the F1 visa is a student visa, so your studies are always your top priority. F1 students must follow certain rules and regulations at all times while working, and failing to do so can result in penalties.

On-campus employment: Learn how to take a part-time job at TCC.

Employment in your field of study (Optional Practical Training): This program permits up to 12 months of employment related to your studies.

Off-campus work in cases of economic hardship: This rare authorization is available only if you suffer an unavoidable financial crisis. This requires U.S. government approval.

Updated January 20, 2023