Skip to main content

Work On-Campus

You can work on-campus a maximum of 19.5 hours per week while classes are in session. Employment is not guaranteed.

How do I apply?

To apply for on-campus position, you must:

  • Contact Career Services on the your campus to get information about available student assistant positions
  • Complete items from the on-campus work authorization checklist (PDF)Listen
  • Receive a job offer letter from the hiring supervisor
  • Submit your completed on-campus work authorization checklist and job offer letter to the International Admissions Office front desk

What happens after I turn in my paperwork?

Please allow 1 to 3 business days for this request to be processed. You cannot start work until you receive written approval from the International Admissions Office.

If you lose your F1 status at any time during your employment, your work authorization will be terminated immediately. Re-authorization to work on campus may be required at the start of each new semester. When you complete studies, or when your I-20 expires (whichever happens first), on-campus employment will end immediately.

Visit Study in the States (link will open in a new window) for more information about work authorization.

Updated September 16, 2021