Family Empowerment Center on South Campus
We want you and your family to succeed.
The Family Empowerment Center (FEC) on South Campus helps you get into and complete college—even if economic or other barriers have been holding you back.
We partner with community organizations to connect you with helpful resources.
To support our community, we work with our community partners to:
- Reduce and eliminate barriers to attending and completing college
- Promote economic stability through education
- Support quality of life through initiatives such as nutrition, physical fitness and workforce re-entry
We collaborate with our community partners to promote and support economic stability through education. Below are some examples of how we can help you.
Free Educational Sessions
- Financial coaching
- Health and wellness
- Immigrant services
- General Education Development (GED) preparation in English and Spanish
- Job preparation
- Career advising
- Income tax preparation services
- Scholarships are available for short-term vocation training
- Legal services for veterans and spouses of deceased veterans
- Resources for displaced veterans and veterans who are at‐risk for homelessness
Special FEC Features
- Child Activity Room
A space where your children (ages 2–6 years) can read and play games while you wait for services. Plus, you can watch your children on a monitor that is mounted just above the reception area.
- Training Room
A space where we and our community partners hold educational sessions and meetings for up to 16 participants. We also use this space to host live demonstrations to teach you about nutrition, preparing food and eating healthy.
For more information, please contact us!
The Family Empowerment Center is open for in-person services. Contact us for more information.
Updated January 20, 2023