Northwest Campus Fitness Center
Our Northwest Campus outdoor recreation areas are available to currently enrolled students (current semester), TCC employees, and the community.
What facilities are available at TCC Northwest?
WHPE indoor facilities (including the fitness center, checkout office, locker rooms, and restrooms) have reopened for fall 2021. The pool is also open but with limited hours.
The following outdoor areas are open for public use:
- Disc golf course (some holes closed due to construction)
- Outdoor fitness trail
- Tennis courts
Who can use these areas?
Currently enrolled students (current semester), TCC employees, and community members with a fitness pass may use the outdoor areas.
Am I required to check in or make a reservation?
Outdoor facilities do not require a check-in.
All gym visitors should visit the check-in desk before using facilities.
- Students: Must present a valid TCC student ID or state ID to check in.
- Employees: Must present a TCC badge or ID to check in.
- Community members: Must purchase a Rec & Fitness pass through the Community Education and Engagement office to access the pool and fitness facilities.
Reservations by TCC Departments, Clubs, or Collegiate Academy
It is not required, but we encourage TCC departments, clubs, or Collegiate Academy students/staff to make a reservation for practice/use in order to receive first priority when using the courts.
To make a reservation request, email your request to April Miske, administrative assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservations by Organizations Outside TCC
Reservations are required for organizations wishing to hold an event on our courts. In this case, contact our Event Campus Scheduler found on our Facility Reservation page.
Does it cost anything to use these areas?
No, unless you're part of an external organization wishing to rent the courts for an event.
What guidelines are in place during COVID-19?
We recommend adhering to CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Do not play if you or members of your household are not feeling well, exhibit any symptoms of illness, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 over the last 14 days.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- No congregating or lingering on/near the courts before/after play.
- Avoid physical contact with other participants/attendees, including high fives and huddles.
- Remain apart from other players and wear mask when taking a break.
Place equipment six feet away from others.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, or mouth with unclean hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze.
- Do not share. Prepare your personal equipment and belongings such as water bottles.
- Bring hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes; sanitize your hands and belongings often.
- Keep a list of people you were in contact with during the activity.
- Wash/sanitize all gear, uniforms, and apparel used during the activity.
Tennis Safety Guidelines
- Courts are limited to 4 people (2 per side).
- Non-tennis/pickleball activities on the tennis/pickleball courts are prohibited.
The U.S. Tennis Association also recommends the following:
- Play with a labeled ball that only you will touch during play.
- Avoid using your hands to pick up balls when possible.
- Stay on your side of the court; avoid changing ends of the court.
- Avoid touching gates, fences, benches, and other court amenities.
Contact the Northwest Campus Fitness Center for additional information.
Updated August 23, 2021