You can contact Career Services to schedule guidance in one of the following areas:
- Assessment: MyPlan Career Interest Assessment is a tool that helps you assess your personality type, strengths and interests, and determine which careers may be a match for you.
- Resume: The right resume can make the difference in determining employment for a candidate.
- Interview: Learn how to interview to stand out from the rest of the pack.
Steps to Exploring Careers
Making decisions about your career can be overwhelming. Follow this step-by-step process to clarify your goals and make an informed decision.
Step 1: Self-Discovery
Self-awareness will help you reach your career goals. Consider these questions:
- What special skills and abilities do you have?
- What motivates and excites you?
- What work environment is most appealing to you?
- What are your challenges?
Step 2: Assess Yourself
Learn which careers would be more satisfying to you by assessing your personality, interest and values before exploring different careers by taking the MyPlan Career Assessment.
For further assistance with your career exploration and planning, please contact your campus career center to schedule an appointment.
Step 3: Explore Career Options
Take time to investigate the world of work. Make a list of careers that interest you and research them online and by talking with others.
Some important points to consider:
- Nature of the work
- Education, training, and/or certification
- Work environment
- Job market—current and future
- Related careers
Career Services can help you research occupational information, salaries and employment projections.
Updated December 04, 2017