Child Care Assistance Program
The TCC Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is made available through the Department of Education (DOE) Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) grant.
CCAP supports the educational success of eligible student-parents by providing access to certified, high-quality childcare facilities.
If you're eligible for this program, you can:
- Receive financial support for childcare assistance
- Connect with accredited, high-quality educational childcare services
- Get personalized coaching and support
- Engage in a learning community with other student-parents
- Access information and networks for institutional and community resources
You may be eligible for the CCAP if you answer yes to all of the following:
- Be Pell Grant eligible (whether receiving Pell Grant funding or not)
- Be enrolled in a Level I or Level II certificate program, or an associate degree program
- Have successfully completed at least 9 college credit hours
- Be enrolled in at least 9 credit hours for fall/spring or 6 credit hours for summer
- Maintain a minimum of 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Be in good standing with TCC (financial, academic and conduct)
If you're enrolled in the program, childcare services must be at a TCC approved center.
To stay enrolled in the program, you must agree to:
- Attend 3 family enrichment sessions
- Meet 3 times per term with the project coordinator
- Attend CCAP orientation
- Complete survey(s)
- Maintain eligibility
- Pay weekly co-payment directly to the childcare center
Amount of Financial Assistance
TCC uses a sliding scale based on your Pell Grant Expected Family Contribution (EFC) award eligibility to determine the amount of financial support for childcare assistance you'll be able to receive.
|Your Pell Grant EFC||Childcare Cost Covered by CCAP|
Apply for the Program
Currently accepting applications for Fall 2023. Complete an online application to apply.
After you're enrolled, you will need to complete a renewal application each academic year.
Spring 2024 Applications
Spring 2024 applications will open on Friday, December 15. Acceptance emails will be sent in January 2024.
Read our frequently asked questions about the CCAP program or contact the CCAP at:
TCC Child Care Assistance Program
Visit our student-parent resources page for more TCC and community services.
Updated October 24, 2023