Dual Credit Program
If your teenager is a freshman or sophomore in high school, a decision about college is closer than you think. Given the steep tuition prices at most colleges and universities, higher education may seem out of reach.
But what if your student could get a jump start on college credit while saving up to $15,000 on the total cost of college tuition?
Consider Dual Credit
TCC's Dual Credit Program is a way your student can earn college credit while attending high school.
Our Dual Credit students take college-level courses taught by fully credentialed faculty. These courses satisfy high school graduation requirements and provide college credit at the same time.
- Your ISD will award high school academic credit.
- TCC will award college-level academic credit.
When Dual Credit students graduate from high school, they may have already completed transferable college credits.
Learn more about if Dual Credit is right for your student.
Students who become a part of our Dual Credit program:
- Receive college credit, while also receiving high school credit
- Satisfy Advanced Measures requirements for the Distinguished Achievement Program
- Graduate from their high schools with transferable college credits
- Fast-track their undergraduate or vocational degrees
- Save on tuition and fees by accelerating time to complete a degree
- Have access to the full range of TCC services
- Experience college culture
- Gain confidence to succeed in college
Is my student eligible for Dual Credit?
High school students who attend a school in one of our Service Areas are eligible for Dual Credit courses.
Dual Credit students:
- Must meet TSI eligibility requirements for college-level coursework
- May enroll in a maximum of 15 hours per semester for courses that apply toward a certificate, degree or TCC Core Curriculum, with approval from the high school and college
- It is recommended students in their first semester of Dual Credit enroll in a maximum of two courses.
- Are not eligible to enroll in developmental courses for Dual Credit
- Must follow TCC's Academic Standing and all other policies and regulations outlined in the TCC catalog
How to apply to Dual Credit.
Updated March 27, 2017