Skills, Training & Enrichment for Promoting Success
Our program helps individuals with special needs fulfill their life goals.
We help you improve your:
- Academic skills
- Social skills
Quick Program Facts
- You must be independently mobile.
- You have completed high school.
- When: fall and spring semesters
- Location: Northeast Campus
Choose a Pathway
Our courses are organized into 3 pathways. You may repeat any pathway.
You will receive a certificate of completion from each course in a pathway.
- Improve your reading, writing, math, and social skills
- Gain self-confidence to be able to communicate your needs and find support
- Learn the skills needed to help you live independently
- Explore career fields, related jobs, and unpaid internships
- Prepare for employment by improving your ability to talk to supervisors and co-workers
- Develop your interests and hobbies so that you can apply them to making money
College Readiness Pathway
- Learn about campus life, study skills, how to manage your schedule
- Develop your social skills related to relationships in the classroom, at work, and in student organizations
How to Apply
Meet with a STEP program coordinator.
You will need to your high school transcript and an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Lifestyle and Community Learning
Updated January 20, 2023