- Core Curriculum Requirement: Creative Arts
- Degree & certificate plan requirements
- Courses are offered at:
Roll up your sleeves and create!
Take art classes to cultivate your imagination, your focus, and your powers of observation. Choose an art form that speaks to you, such as:
Explore art appreciation & art history
In these courses, you will learn about:
- The creative process
- Interpreting and evaluating works of art
- Design principles from the layman’s point of view
- Visual arts in their historical and cultural contexts
Reasons to Study Art
- Facilities equipped with the resources you need to develop your skills
- Faculty artists who encourage fresh ideas and new challenges
- Ways to exercise different parts of your brain
Our campus galleries present exhibits of work by our students, faculty, and other professional artists.
Interested in earning a degree in art?
See Visual Arts.
Chair, Art Department
Frederick C. Spaulding
Associate Professor of Art
Chair, Fine Arts
Brandy M. Niccolai-Belfi
Associate Professor of Dance
Instructional Assistant & Coordinator of The Art Corridor Galleries
Trinity River Campus
Angel E. Fernandez
Communications & Fine Arts Department
Updated September 13, 2021