How to Apply to the Fire Academy
- Be admitted to TCC
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a Texas driver's license
- Hold a minimum of Emergency Medical Technician—Basic (EMT-B) Certificate of Completion
by the Fire Academy start date
- Learn about TCC's EMT-B Offerings
- Pass the Physical Agility Test
Apply to the Fire Academy
Paid firefighters of a fire department receive first priority of enrollment. Sponsoring department is responsible for Fire Academy student fees. No testing required.
Active volunteer firefighters may receive second priority enrollment with proof of 1 year of volunteer service, EMT-B certification, and successful completion of the physical agility test. Sponsoring department is responsible for Fire Academy student fees.
You must submit the following documents to the Fire Academy Office by the application deadline.
- Fire Academy Application Packet (PDF)Listen
- Copy of EMT or Paramedic certification
- Copy of Texas driver's license
- Notarized Waiver of Liability
- Signed doctor’s release
You may deliver your materials:
- By email to Maggie Burns (email@example.com)
- By Fax: 817-515-0448
- In person
We must have all of your application documents before you can schedule your Physical Agility Test.
Fire Academy — Public Safety Training Center
Updated January 20, 2023