How to Apply to the Fire Academy
- Be admitted to TCC
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a Texas driver's license
- Hold a minimum of EMT-B Certificate of Completion by the Fire Academy start date
- Learn about TCC's EMT-B Offerings
- Pass the Physical Agility Test
Apply to the Fire Academy
Paid firefighters of a fire department receive first priority of enrollment. Sponsoring department is responsible for Fire Academy student fees. No testing required.
Active volunteer firefighters may receive second priority enrollment with proof of 1 year of volunteer service, EMT-B certification and successful completion of the physical agility test.
You must submit the following documents to the Fire Academy Office by the application deadline.
- Fire Academy Application Packet (PDF)Listen
- Copy of EMT or Paramedic certification
- Copy of Texas driver's license
- Notarized Waiver of Liability
- Signed doctor’s release
You may deliver your materials:
- By email to Maggie Burns (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- By Fax: 817-515-0448
- In person
We must have all of your application documents before you can schedule your Physical Agility Test.
Fire Academy — Public Safety Training Center
Updated August 03, 2021