Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose EMT?
- Work with a team in fast-paced, unpredictable situations
- Help save lives in emergency situations
- Enter the emergency medical services field right away but know you can return to apply your certificate toward our Paramedic Programs to advance in your career
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Work with paramedics, police & firefighters at emergency sites
- Answer emergency calls & transport patients to medical facilities
- May perform medical services at the scene
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
What do I need to work as an EMT?
Texas EMT Certification
Successfully complete these 2 courses:
And you can qualify to:
- Apply to the Texas Department of State Health Services for Texas EMT Certification
- Take the National Registry of EMTs examination for Emergency Medical Technician certification
- Work as an EMT
- Apply to our Paramedic Programs
What about the TCC EMT Certificate?
If you need financial aid to be able to earn Texas EMT Certification, then you will need to complete our Emergency Medical Technician Certificate.
Open Enrollment with Requirements
Our EMT program is open enrollment, so no prior approval is required from the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Program.
However, you must meet the EMT enrollment requirements.
Get the details on these pages:
These estimates are for program-specific costs and are subject to change. We have tried to identify the current cost of all books and materials, as well as estimates for meals and parking while on clinical rotations.
Cost Per Semester
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2022–2023 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|CRT1||Emergency Medical Technician||18||$1,152|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated January 20, 2023