Quick Program Facts
- Institutional Award: 168 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 2
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Trinity River
- Certificate: National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) Phlebotomy Technician
- CEUs: 16.8
Our courses provide you with skills and knowledge in technical and procedural aspects of basic phlebotomy, including collection of blood specimens and venipuncture.
The clinical phase allows you to gain hands-on experience in area clinical facilities.
Eligibility Requirements & Prerequisites
For Basic Phlebotomy you must:
- Be 18 years old
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Bring your:
- Photo ID in the form of a driver's license, U.S. passport, or military ID
- Social Security card
- Pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), if applicable
- Have current health care insurance card
- Have current Basic Life Support (BLS) health care provider CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Provide documentation of required immunizations:
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Hepatitis B (series of 3; takes 6 months to complete series)
- Influenza (seasonal from September–March)
- Tuberculosis skin test (negative)
Clinical Course Requirements
You must have successfully completed TCC PLAB–1023 Basic Phlebotomy with a final grade of 80 percent or better.
A drug screen and criminal background check will be conducted when you apply for enrollment in PLAB–1060 Phlebotomy Clinical. You must have a negative drug test and no disqualification from the criminal background check in order to be registered in Phlebotomy Clinical.
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
Next Application Period
We recommended that you own a Windows or Mac laptop computer that meets these minimum requirements:
- Internet access
- Video capability
- Operating system:
- Windows 8 or higher
- Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or higher
- Browser: Google Chrome
Note: Chromebooks are not compatible with some applications used in the courses.
Practicum or practice hours will be arranged.
Follow These Steps to Apply
- Read the application instructions when they are posted.
- Complete the online application
- We will post the application as soon as the next classes are scheduled.
- Register for class.
- Once you have been accepted, you may register for Phlebotomy Technician courses, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1484
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated August 27, 2021