How to Apply to the Fire Academy
- Be admitted to TCC
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a Texas driver's license
- Hold a minimum of EMT-B Certificate of Completion by the Fire Academy start date
- Learn about TCC's EMT-B Offerings
- Be able to pass the Physical Agility Test
Apply to the Fire Academy
Paid firefighters of a fire department receive first priority of enrollment. Sponsoring department is responsible for Fire Academy student fees. No testing required.
Active volunteer firefighters may receive second priority enrollment with proof of 1 year of volunteer service, EMT-B certification and successful completion of the physical agility test.
You must submit the following documents to the Fire Academy Office by the application deadline.
- Fire Academy Application PacketListen (PDF will open in a new window)
- Copy of EMT or Paramedic certification
- Copy of Texas driver's license
- Submit a notarized Waiver of Liability
- Signed doctor’s release
You may deliver your materials:
- By email to Margaret Burns (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- By Fax: 817-515-0448
- In person
- By post office mail
We must have all of your application documents before you can schedule your Physical Agility Test.
Margaret Burns, Administrative Assistant
Fire Service Training Center
4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, Texas 76179
Updated February 23, 2018