If you're transferring to TCC from another accredited school, your evaluation processing will begin automatically once all of the criteria listed below has been completed.
Criteria for transfer evaluation:
- Must have all official college transcripts from accredited institutions received by TCC
- Must be registered for a course in the current or a future term, or
If not registered, at least one of all required official college transcripts must be received by TCC within the immediate prior six months
- Must have an active program status in an undergraduate program
- Must not be a transient student
- Must not be a continuing education (non-credit)-only student
Students with only international transcripts or military credit will be excluded.
Doesn't my transcript need to be evaluated before I can register?
No. Once TCC has received your official transcript, your TSI status may be updated.
If you have taken a prerequisite course elsewhere, a TCC academic advisor can assist you with a registration permission or any other questions if you are unable to register online for a desired class.
An evaluation is used to:
- Provide a consistent method of applying transfer coursework to a TCC degree
- Assist you in tracking progress toward a degree
- Support academic advisement
- Satisfy financial aid and veteran affairs requirements
International Transcript Evaluations
An evaluation is optional for students with college/university coursework from outside the U.S.
If you would like your coursework evaluated, visit either of the following options for a TCC-approved evaluation agency:
- Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE)
- National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
If you have questions about the international transcript process at TCC, please contact us at InternationalEvaluations@tccd.edu.
Puerto Rico Transcripts
Transcripts from Puerto Rico are considered U.S. transcripts. If your institution in Puerto Rico does not or will not issue your official transcript in English, you will need to provide an official translation.
Updated October 21, 2020