Record Change Request

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of academic records.

Legal Name, Date of Birth, or Social Security Number Change

Use your official email to send the following documentation to

  • Completed Records Maintenance Form (PDF)Listen
  • Supporting official documentation (PDF file format preferred)
    • Legal name change: Court order, new SSN card, marriage license, etc.
    • Date of birth change: Driver's license, birth certificate, passport, etc.
    • Social Security Number change: New SSN card

Chosen Name Change

If you choose to identify yourself within the College using a chosen first name that differs from your legal name, your chosen name may appear instead of your legal name in select College-related systems and documents.

To declare a chosen name, you must:

  1. Complete the Records Maintenance Form (PDF)Listen
  2. Submit the form by email to
    • Emails should be sent from your official email address

Residency Status Change

Submit a residency questionnaire (PDF)Listen for a change in residency status:

  • By email to your campus's Admissions and Registrar Office
  • By mail to:
    Admissions and Records Office
    300 Trinity Campus Circle
    Fort Worth, TX 76102
  • By fax:
    Admissions and Records Office
  • Sorry, no phone requests

Address and Contact Information Change

To update your address or contact information:

  1. Log in to MyTCCTrack
  2. Go to your User Profile, either by clicking on your username or selecting User Options in the navigation menu.
  3. Click +Add New Address to add your new address.

You may also update your phone number or opt-in/opt-out of notification text messages in this section.

Taxpayer Identification Number Submission

Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Education Credits(link will open in a new window) requires TCC to request the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) from students who submit their admissions application without a social security number (SSN). This number is issued by the Social Security Administration (SSA) or the IRS.

If you need to submit your TIN, submit one of the following to your campus Admissions and Registrar Office:

If you do not have a TIN or SSN, indicate such on the Record Maintenance Form and submit it to your campus Admissions and Registrar Office.

For additional questions about your 1098T form, email or call 817-515-1098.

Updated August 11, 2023