Prior Term Payment Plan
A prior term payment plan is for outstanding tuition balances from the most recently ended term/semester (excluding Summer semesters).
You're eligible for this plan if you:
- Have an undergraduate tuition account balance from the most recently ended term/semester
(excluding Summer semesters),
- Did not participate in a previously offered prior term payment plan,
- Have paid, in full, any other charges or tuition account balances from a term other than the most recent.
If you set up a new prior term payment plan but had a prior term payment plan from a previous semester, you may be removed from the most recent prior term payment plan.
Need to Know
Learn about the enrollment costs and how to sign up.
- Scheduled installments are auto-drafted monthly
- $25 non-refundable enrollment fee will be charged when you're setting up your plan
- Cannot combine your prior term payment plan with any other payment plan
- You can register for upcoming terms if you have a prior term payment plan and all other balances are paid. However, if the prior payment term becomes delinquent (missed or returned payment), you are subject to being dropped from any classes.
- You will not receive a transcript or diploma until your balance is paid in full
Enrollment Dates for Prior Term Payment Plan
|Term||Plan available||Last day to enroll online||Required down payment||Number of payments||Payment due dates|
|Spring 2020||May 7, 2020||July 15, 2020||20%||4||July 30
|Fall 2020||December 17, 2020||March 1, 2021||20%||4||March 31
If, at any time, the payment plan becomes delinquent (missed or a returned payment), you will immediately be restricted from future term registrations and/or may be dropped from any current registrations.
If the balance is not paid in full by the last scheduled installment, your account may be sent to a third party collection agency. You will be responsible for any collection agency fees.
Per Texas Education Code 54.007(2)(d): A student who fails to make full payment of tuition and mandatory fees, including any incidental fees, by the due date may be prohibited from registering for classes until full payment is made. A student who fails to make full payment prior to the end of the semester or term may be denied credit for the work done that semester or term.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I have a balance from any term not listed in the Enrollment Dates chart above, can I set up a prior term payment plan?
No. TCC is only offering the listed plans during the specified time periods above. If you have a balance in any other term, the balance must be paid in full in order to register for classes.
I owe miscellaneous charges. Can I add these charges to the prior term payment plan?
No. All other charges will need to be paid in full.
Can I register for an upcoming term if I have set up a prior term payment plan?
Yes. As long as all other balances are paid in full and you have not set up a prior term payment plan in a previous term.
How much does this payment plan cost?
You will be required to pay 20% down of your tuition account balance, plus a $25 non-refundable setup fee.
If I set up a prior term payment plan but don't pay off the entire balance, will I be able to set up another prior term payment plan in the future?
No. Regardless, if the prior term payment plan is paid off in full or not, this is a one-time offer and is designed to give you an opportunity to continue taking classes.
Will I receive a transcript or diploma if I set up a prior term payment plan?
No. You will not receive a transcript or diploma until the prior term payment plan is paid in full and all other term balances are paid in full.
Updated October 20, 2020