Mosaic Dance Project
The Mosaic Dance Project is Northwest Campus's touring company comprised of advanced dancers selected through auditions. We bring dance into the community through performances and master classes at local schools and community events.
Along with the opportunity to learn and perform preprofessional level repertoire, selected members of Mosaic receive scholarships for study at TCC and performance with the company.
See our students dance
Visit TCC Dance Photo Gallery.
2018–2019 Audition Details
- Date: Friday, May 11, 2018
- Time: 10 a.m.
- Date: Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Time: 2:30 p.m.
- Place: WHPE 1103 Main Dance Studio
You must have:
- At least 1 year of dance training
- Previous performance experience
- Flexibility to work outside of scheduled class times
- Learn and perform at least 1 short movement phrase varying between modern, jazz, and contemporary
- Perform a 30 second solo in any style
- Bring music edited or cued to plug into the sound system
- Wear form-fitting professional dance attire—all black preferred
Have audition questions?
Contact Lacreacia Sanders by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (817-515-7692) .
If selected for Mosaic, you will enroll in:
- Dance Practicum/Performance (MW 2–5:30 p.m.)
- At least 1 technique class—ballet or modern
Additional classes may be suggested based on experience and technical level.
Opportunities for Mosaic Members
Mosaic members also have the chance to:
- Participate in:
- Community outreach and teaching opportunities
- Guest artist projects
- New York City study trip
- Texas Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (TAHPERD) Conference
- American College Dance Association (ACDA) Conference
The TCC Northwest Campus Dance Program was founded in 1998 with an 8-week jazz dance class and 10 students. The first dance concert was held in April 1999 in Theatre Northwest. By 2000, the program included over 100 dancers, including individuals of varying ages, skills, backgrounds, abilities, special needs and physical challenges.
Today, the program has grown to over 400 students, and approximately 100 dancers perform in our annual dance concert held every spring in Fort Worth's Scott Theatre.
In 2004, we established a touring company, the Mosaic Dance Project. Performing for campus events, community service, and one another, our diverse dancers engage Fort Worth audiences with our history and our mission.
Updated May 04, 2018