Credit-by-Exam / Experience
Confident in your knowledge of a particular subject?
You may be able to take one of our departmental exams to show your mastery of that subject.
If you score well, you can earn credit, so you do not have to take the credit course.
Learning experiences include:
- Advanced or technical courses
- Work experience or job training
- Other non-traditional learning experiences
Credit-by-Exam is not available for all of our courses, so be sure to check the list of our available exams.
How much credit can I apply?
Credit earned cannot exceed 40 percent of the technical courses required for an Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- Testing Center: Credit-by-Exam (includes list of TCC courses available for Credit-by-Exam)
- How to Get PLA Credit: Credit-by-Exam
- How to Get PLA Credit: Credit-by-Experience
Ask a PLA Contact on your campus
Email us: PLA@tccd.edu
Updated November 14, 2019