College for Kids
As one of TCC's many Youth Enrichment Programs designed to help young people reach their full potential, College for Kids (CFK) provides an opportunity for children to enroll in academic, arts and crafts, science and technology and health and fitness courses.
CFK is a 3-week summer enrichment program for children in the 3rd through 8th grades. Courses are taught by experienced and motivated faculty who encourage and challenge students in an atmosphere that supports inquiry and exploration.
Dates & Deadlines
Summer 2023 Dates
- Registration opens: April 3, 2023
- Deadline to register online: Check your local campus's page for deadlines
Check with your local campus for specific program dates and times, including registration deadlines and orientations.
Costs & Fees
|Half-day session (4 classes in either morning or afternoon session)||$200|
|Full-day session (8 classes in both morning and afternoon sessions)||$400|
|Supervised activity period (optional; available for morning and/or afternoon session)||$40|
|Supply fee (required for certain courses)||$10|
Eligibility for Participation
Your child is eligible to participate in College for Kids if they:
- Are an incoming 3rd through 8th grade student, and
- Have an A or B grade average, as demonstrated by their most recent official report card, progress report, or transcript, and
- Have a satisfactory conduct grade.
To remain in the program, your child is expected to show self control and exhibit appropriate behavior while on campus.
Class Schedule, Offerings, & Changes
Days and Times
Classes are held Monday through Thursday and feature both morning and afternoon sessions.
Visit your local campus for specific session start/end times.
Your child will choose one course for each class hour (4 classes in either morning/afternoon session, or 8 classes for the full-day session).
Each campus has its own unique class offerings. Visit your local campus for available courses:
- Northeast Campus CFK Classes
- Northwest Campus CFK Classes
- South Campus CFK Classes
- Southeast Campus CFK Classes
- Trinity River Campus CFK Classes
For detailed descriptions of courses, review our CFK course descriptions.
At the end of the program, they'll receive a certificate awarded by the Lifestyle and Community Learning (LCL) Office.
No changes will be made after classes begin.
Apply & Register for Classes
- Complete and submit the College for Kids online application.
- You'll receive an email after your application has been processed. Once you receive the confirmation email, you can proceed to Step 2.
- Register for classes online through MyTCCTrack.
- Follow our instructions for how to register for Lifestyle and Community Learning classes.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Pay for classes.
- Attend orientation.
Food & Snacks
Your child should bring a snack/food for lunch if they are registered for a full-day session.
- Campus bookstores: Snacks can be purchased at any campus bookstore. Find your campus's bookstore for hours and location.
- Trinity River Campus: The Riverfront Café will have lunch options available.
Drop-Off/Pick-Up & Supervised Activity Periods
You must provide daily transportation for your child.
Children may not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to their first class session and must be picked up promptly at end of class day at designated area(s).
TCC campuses are public places and we do not leave children unattended.
Supervised Activity Periods
Supervised activity periods help accommodate parents' work schedules and are available before morning activity sessions and/or after afternoon activity sessions.
You must sign your children into and out of these supervised activity periods when you drop them off and pick them up. Please have your picture ID with you.
Cost: $40 for morning activity period and/or $40 for afternoon activity period; must be paid at time of registration.
(specify your campus)
Join our Facebook group TCC's College for Kids, to get notified of important dates and events.
Updated December 04, 2023