Apply to the Police Academy
Choose Your Track
As a cadet, you have the option to attend the Police Academy for college credit or as a non-credit student.
College Credit Option
College credit courses apply toward college or university degrees. Upon completion, you will receive up to 18 semester hours of college credit.
Non-credit courses lead to certifications and professional credentials. Courses award certificate hours or continuing education units (CEUs).
Looking for In-Service Training?
Our Criminal Justice Training Center supports the Tarrant County law enforcement community’s training needs with:
- Be 21 years of age before completion of the 776-hour academy. See TCOLE Statutes and Rules Handbook for more information.
- Meet TCOLE minimum requirements for licensing.
- Complete the application packet from the Criminal Justice Training Center. (Packets for employed students are sent to agencies only.)
- Pass a complete medical and psychological exam.
- Be able to perform strenuous physical activities.
- Show proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination if under the age of 22.
Items that are needed with your application:
- Texas Driver's License
- Birth Certificate or Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- High School Diploma or HSE
- College Transcript(s) (if any)—including TSI Assessment scores
- DD Form 214 or military discharge papers (applies to those that have served in the military)
Your application must be completed and reviewed.
After all applications have been reviewed, a Basic Police Officer Academy (BPOA) Coordinator will contact the selected individuals.
Please wait for them to review your application before you contact them.
Criminal Justice Training Center / Police Academy
4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, Texas 76179
Jim McGregor, Police Academy Coordinator
Sha King, Police Academy Coordinator
Updated February 03, 2020