About Our Dental Hygiene Program
Dental Hygiene by the numbers
- 3.5: suggested GPA to be competitive
- 75: minimum score on each section of HESI A2 V1 Admission Exam
- 2: consecutive years to complete our program
- 24: applicants accepted each fall
- 100-150: applications submitted each year
- $19,677: approximate cost of the program for Tarrant County residents
How our program works
There is little to no time for outside work during the program.
You must also be able to plan your other coursework around the schedule of core Dental Hygiene courses.
A great deal of patient contact begins the 2nd semester of the program and continues through the end of the program.
Part-time, weekend and distance learning options are not available.
Classes meet Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Successful completion of this program requires a grade of “C” (75 percent) or better in all courses.
Approximately $19,677 (includes courses, books, immunizations, prerequisites, etc.)
For details see Cost Analysis.
To maintain full-time student status and keep your financial aid, wait to take the following required courses until after you are accepted into the Dental Hygiene program:
- ENGL–1301 English Composition I
- PSYC–2301 General Psychology
PSYC–2315 Psychology of Adjustment
- Sociology elective
- Creative arts/language, culture and philosophy elective
Visit the Northeast Campus Financial Aid office for additional information.
Need More Details?
Have accessibility questions about this document? Call us at 817-515-6435 or 817-515-5054 or email us at email@example.com.
Updated August 02, 2021