About Our Health Information Technology Program
Health Information Technology by the Numbers
- 2.5: minimum GPA to be eligible to apply
- 2: consecutive years to complete our program
- 25–30: applicants accepted each application period, based on clinic availability
- 45–55: average number of prospective students who apply each application period
- $7,811: approximate cost of our Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) program
To train health information management professionals to serve their community by managing patient data with accuracy and integrity for the purpose of advancing health, wellness, revenue and research.
How Our Program Works
You need to commit to full-time schedule for 6 consecutive semesters (2 consecutive years).
You must also be able to plan your other coursework around the schedule of core Health Information Technology courses.
Program courses and labs are generally held online, evenings, and weekends.
Clinics are offered during daytime hours of the regular work week.
Successful completion of this program requires a grade of “C” or better in all courses.
Approximately $7,811, including books
After successfully completing our A.A.S. program, you are prepared to sit for the:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam, administered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Coding certification exams administered by AHIMA and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated January 20, 2023