Quick Program Facts
- Institutional Award: 79 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 2
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Trinity River
- Certificate: National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) EKG Technician
- CEUs: 7.9
You will learn basic cardiovascular anatomy and physiology as it relates to:
- Technical aspects of the electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Interpretations of rhythm strips
- Medical terminology
- The role of the EKG Technician
- Treadmill stress testing
After successfully completing this course, you will be eligible to take a National Certification exam for EKG Technician.
Eligibility Requirements & Prerequisites
- Be 18 years old
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Bring your:
- Photo ID in the form of a driver's license, U.S. passport, or military ID
- Social Security card
- Pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), if applicable
- Have current Basic Life Support (BLS) health care provider CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Pass a criminal background check
Credentials in Detail
After completing this course, you will receive an Institutional Award and will be qualified to take a national certification exam.
You will receive 7.9 CEUs.
How to Apply
We will accept applications for the Spring 2020 class November 1–22, 2019.
- Download, print, and fill out the application
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents in person.
- When: Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Trinity River Campus (map)
Building: Clear Fork
Room: TRCF 2101
300 Trinity Campus Circle
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Register for class.
- Once you have been accepted, you may register for EKG Technician courses, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1484.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions Advising
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated August 05, 2019