Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- To be delivered face-to-face for Fall 2021
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Trinity River
- Certificate: National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) EKG Technician
- CEUs: 6.4
You will learn basic cardiovascular anatomy and physiology as it relates to:
- Technical aspects of the electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Interpretations of rhythm strips
- Medical terminology
- The role of the EKG Technician
After successfully completing this course, you will be eligible to take a National Certification exam for EKG Technician.
Eligibility Requirements & Prerequisites
- Be 18 years old
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Bring your:
- Photo ID in the form of a driver's license, U.S. passport, or military ID
- Social Security card
- Pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), if applicable
- Have current Basic Life Support (BLS) health care provider CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Pass a criminal background check
Credentials in Detail
After completing this course, you will receive an Institutional Award and will be qualified to take a national certification exam.
You will receive 6.4 CEUs.
Course You Will Take
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
We will post the next application period dates here once the next class is scheduled.
Follow These Steps to Apply
- Read the application instructions
- Complete the online application
- Register for class.
- Once you have been accepted, you may register for EKG Technician courses, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1484.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated August 27, 2021