Apply as a First-Time-In-College Student
You are a first-time international student if you're a non-U.S. citizen who lives outside the U.S. and who has not attended any U.S. colleges or universities.
What are the deadlines to apply to TCC?
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: April 15
How do I apply to TCC?
You must submit all documents by the deadline. No late submissions will be accepted. No fax or previously made photocopies will be accepted.
Submitting a completed packet does not guarantee admission to the College.
Steps to Apply
To apply for admission to TCC, you must submit these documents:
- International Student ApplicationListen(PDF will open in new window)
You must submit this application. You cannot apply online through ApplyTexas.
- Transcript Evaluation Report from NACES Agency
- Passing language proficiency scores
- Internet-based (71)
- Computer-based (193)
- Paper-based (525)
- IELTS score (Academic):
- Overall Band Score (5.5)
- Financial documents
These must be original, completely filled out and cannot be over 6 months old. Accounts must have a minimum balance of $28,265 U.S. dollars for a 9-month study, and $30,452 U.S. dollars for a 12-month study.
- Evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (if new to TCC and under 22 years old). Vaccinations are valid for 5 years. Learn more about meningitis vaccinations requirements.
If you are a:
Secondary school or high school graduate from outside the U.S. who has not attended a college/university inside or outside of the U.S.
- You must submit a general NACES evaluation of your foreign high school transcript.
High school graduate from outside the U.S. who also attended college/university outside the U.S.
- You must submit a general NACES evaluation of your foreign high school diploma/transcript
- Optional: A course-by-course or detailed NACES evaluation of your foreign college/university coursework
How can I have my foreign transcript evaluated?
Visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) to find a TCC-approved agency to evaluate your coursework.
Admission Decision Notifications
Applicants will receive an email notification regarding TCC's admission decision by the following date. If a date falls on a weekend or holiday, it will be extended to the next business day.
- Summer: April 30
- Fall: July 30
- Spring: November 30
What do I do next?
If you're offered admission to TCC, we will email you options on how to receive your original I-20 form and your acceptance letter. To receive your I-20 form, you can:
- Pick up the documents from our office
- Have a friend, family member or proxy pick up the documents from our office on your behalf and mail them to you. Fill out the Proxy Release formListen (PDF will open in a new window).
- Request that we mail the letter and form to an address within the U.S.
- Request that we mail the letter and form to an address outside the U.S.
- We do not offer international delivery services. If you have no friends or family near TCC to pick up your documents for you, eShipGlobal can send them around the world. Sign up and place your order through the eShipGlobal website.
After you're received your I-20 form, you will use this to apply for an F1 visa. Find out how to apply for F1 status.
What do I do when I arrive in the U.S.?
You must be in the Dallas/Fort Worth area 3 weeks prior to the first day of classes. You must complete the following before you will be allowed to register for classes:
- Submit original I-94, passport, and visa (The International Admissions Office will make copies and return the originals to you).
- Take the TSI Assessment: Passing Reading and Writing scores are required.
- There is a $29 non-refundable fee for the TSI Assessment exam.
- Submit a degree plan for the major you are pursuing at TCC. You will obtain this during your visit with an academic advisor.
- Set up your myTCC student email address. myTCC is the official TCC email system you will use while you are a student. Instructions on setting up your myTCC account will be sent to your personal email.
Once you have submitted these items, learn about studying at TCC and how to register for classes.
Have more questions?
Updated October 18, 2018