Skip to main content

Apply for F1 Visa Status

The F1 visa is for students seeking to enter the United States on a temporary basis to study full-time at an accredited college or university, like TCC, that is authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.

How do I apply for F1 status?

After you are accepted to Tarrant County College, we will issue your I-20 form. The I-20 form is required for obtaining an F1 visa.

  • If you are outside the US, you will be able to apply for the F1 visa once you have the I-20 from TCC.
  • If you are in the United States on another visa type, you will need to apply for a change of visa status.
  • If you are transferring from another U.S. university, have your records transferred to TCC from your current school. Then we will issue updated paperwork.

Once I get F1 status, can I lose it?

Yes. Loss of F1 status is extremely serious. Once you receive F1 status it is your responsibility to maintain that status by following the rules and laws (link will open in a new window) that relate to that visa status.

If you have any questions, contact the TCC International Admissions Office.

Updated June 29, 2020