Apply as a Transfer Student
You're an international transfer student if you're transferring from another US college or university to TCC.
What are the deadlines to apply to TCC?
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: April 15
How do I apply to TCC?
You must submit all documents by the deadline. No late submissions will be accepted. No fax or previously made photocopies will be accepted.
Your SEVIS record must be transferred to us at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the session.
Submitting a completed packet does not guarantee admission to the College.
Registration ends 1 week before each session begins. There is no late registration.
Steps to Apply
To apply for admission to TCC, you must submit these documents:
- International Student ApplicationListen (PDF will open in new window) and submit.
- Official transcripts from high school and/or all colleges/universities attended in and outside the U.S.
- A professional evaluation is optional for students with college/university coursework from outside the U.S. If you would like your coursework evaluated, see the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website for a TCC approved agency.
- Financial documents: These must be original, completely filled out and cannot be over 6 months old. Accounts must have a minimum balance of $22,036 U.S. dollars for a 9-month study, and $30,432 U.S. dollars for a 12-month study.
- Original I-94, passport, visa and current I-20 (The International Admissions Office make copies and return the originals to you).
- TSI Assessment: Passing Reading and Writing scores are required.
- There is a $29 non-refundable fee for the TSI Assessment exam.
- Transfer NotificationListen(PDF will open in new window)–the designated school official (DSO) of the International Office of your current college/university completes.
- Evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (if new to TCC and under 22 years old). Learn more about our meningitis vaccination requirements.
Review our transfer student checklist to make sure you have everything completed.
Admission Decision Notifications
Applicants will receive an email notification regarding TCC’s admission decision by the following date. If a date falls on a weekend or holiday, it will be extended to the next business day.
- Summer-April 30
- Fall-July 30
- Spring-November 30
What do I do next?
If you are offered admission to TCC, you must complete following before you're allowed to register for classes:
- Submit a degree plan for the major you are pursuing at TCC. You can obtain this by visiting an academic advisor.
- Set up your myTCC student email address. myTCC is the official TCC email system you will use while you're a student. Instructions will be sent to your personal email.
Once you've submitted these items, learn about studying at TCC and how to register for classes.
Have more questions?
Updated April 20, 2018