Apply as a Transfer Student
You're an international transfer student if you're transferring from another US college or university to TCC.
What are the deadlines to apply to TCC?
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: April 15
How do I apply to TCC?
You must submit all documents by the deadline. No late submissions will be accepted. Registration ends 1 week before each session begins; there is no late registration. Your SEVIS record must be transferred to us at least 2 weeks prior to registration ending. No fax or previously made photocopies will be accepted.
To apply for admission to TCC, you must submit these documents:
- International Student ApplicationListen (PDF will open in new window) and submit.
- Official transcripts from high school and/or all colleges/universities attended in and outside the U.S.
- A professional evaluation is optional for students with college/university coursework from outside the U.S. If you would like your coursework evaluated, see the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website for a TCC approved agency.
- Financial StatementListen(PDF will open in new window)–student completes
- Sponsor StatementListen(PDF will open in new window)–sponsor completes
- Bank AffidavitListen(PDF will open in new window)–sponsor's financial institution completes
- Form I-134, Affidavit of SupportListen(PDF will open in new window)–U.S. sponsor completes
- Required if sponsor resides in the U.S.
- There is a $29 non-refundable fee for the TSI Assessment exam.
Review our transfer student checklist to make sure you have everything completed.
When will I know if I'm accepted?
Once we've received all of your documents, the application review process will take about 2–3 weeks to finish. You will then be contacted via email with an admission decision or a request for additional documentation.
What do I do next?
Once you're accepted, you must submit the following documents before registering for classes:
- Proof of health insurance. This will be required before you're allowed to enroll. Health insurance must be purchased for the entire academic year and must show the coverage dates. TCC does not provide health insurance.
- A degree plan of the major you are pursuing at TCC.
- An email you create and send via your myTCC account. myTCC is the official TCC email system you will use while you're a student.
Once you've submitted these items, learn about studying at TCC and how to register for classes.
Have more questions?
Updated September 20, 2017