Apply as a Transfer Student
You are an international transfer student if you're transferring from another U.S. college or university to TCC.
What are the deadlines to apply to TCC?
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: April 15
How do I apply to TCC?
You must submit all documents by the deadline. No late submissions will be accepted. No fax or previously made photocopies will be accepted.
Your SEVIS record must be transferred to us at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the session.
Submitting a completed packet does not guarantee admission to the College.
Registration ends 1 week before each session begins. There is no late registration.
Steps to Apply
To apply for admission to TCC, you must submit these documents:
- International Student ApplicationListen(PDF will open in new window).
You must submit this application. You cannot apply online through ApplyTexas.
- Official transcripts from all U.S. college or universities you attended.
- You must have a current cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and be in good academic standing at your most recently attended college/university.
- Optional: A professional course-by-course or detailed evaluation of your foreign college/university coursework. If you would like your foreign coursework evaluated, visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website for a TCC-approved agency.
- Financial documents
These must be original, completely filled out and cannot be over 6 months old. Accounts must have a minimum balance of $28,265 U.S. dollars for a 9-month study, and $30,452 U.S. dollars for a 12-month study.
- Copies of I-94, passport, visa, and current I-20
- TSI Assessment: Passing Reading and Writing scores are required.
- There is a $29 non-refundable fee for the TSI Assessment exam.
- You may qualify for an exemption based on SAT/ACT/STAAR/TAKS scores or previous U.S. college coursework in reading, writing, and math. U.S. transcripts are automatically reviewed for possible TSI exemptions.
- Transfer Notification FormListen(PDF will open in new window)
Completed by the Designated School Official (DSO) of your current college/university.
- Evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (if new to TCC and under the age of 22). Vaccinations are valid for 5 years. Learn more about meningitis vaccination requirements.
Admission Decision Notifications
Applicants will receive an email notification regarding TCC’s admission decision by the following date. If a date falls on a weekend or holiday, it will be extended to the next business day.
- Summer: April 30
- Fall: July 30
- Spring: November 30
What do I do next?
If you are offered admission to TCC, you must complete the following before you're allowed to register for classes:
- Submit a degree plan for the major you are pursuing at TCC. You can obtain this by visiting an academic advisor.
- Set up your myTCC student email address. myTCC is the official TCC email system you will use while you are a student. Instructions will be sent to your personal email.
Once you have submitted these items, learn about studying at TCC and how to register for classes.
Have more questions?
Updated October 18, 2018