Optional Retirement Planning (ORP)
Optional Retirement Planning and Tax Deferred Annuity (ORP/TDA) information can be found on the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board website.
Some points about ORP:
- 403(b) Retirement Investment Programs
- Must meet recertification requirements at least once every 5 years
- Ensured continued and ongoing carrier compliance with all state rules and regulations
List of approved ORP/TDA carriers for Tarrant County College DistrictListen (PDF will open in a new window) effective July 1, 2006 (revised August 22, 2019).
Tax Deferred Annuities (TDA's), or supplemental retirement plans, help you to achieve your retirement planning goals. Such plans are designed for retirement or long-term goals and will help you build the extra savings you may need. Contributions to the account are generally made on a pre-tax basis, which means the money comes out of your paycheck before your income is taxed, which lowers your taxable income.
Note: For MetLife FICA alternative plan participants to make a withdrawal from the plan, the participant must:
- Be separated from the College and
- Have notified their former supervisor with a termination date in the system or have reached the age of 70 ½
If you're interested in another way to save, become a member, roll over funds, make withdrawals, etc., contact a vendor from the approved vendor list with questions.
LaTonya Price, Director of Employee Benefits and Compensation:
- Maintains vendor relationships
- Oversees the retirement savings plans
- Serves as the Employer Representative coordinating all MetLife transactions
Additional Retirement Options
Learn about our additional optional retirement choices, like Texa$aver.
LaTonya Price, Director of Employee Benefits and Compensation
Updated August 22, 2019