Optional Retirement Planning (ORP)
Optional Retirement Planning (ORP) information can be found on the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board website.
Some points about ORP:
- 403(b) Retirement Investment Programs
- Must meet recertification requirements at least once every 5 years
- Ensured continued and ongoing carrier compliance with all state rules and regulations
View our list of approved ORP/TDA carriers for Tarrant County College District (effective July 1, 2006 as revised May 14, 2020).
Tax Deferred Annuities (TDA's), or supplemental retirement plans, help you to achieve your retirement planning goals. Such plans are designed for retirement or long-term goals and will help you build the extra savings you may need. Contributions to the account are generally made on a pre-tax basis, which means the money comes out of your paycheck before your income is taxed, which lowers your taxable income.
Note: For FICA alternative plan participants to make a withdrawal from the plan, the reasons for withdrawal must be:
- Total Disability
- Termination of Employment
- Change of Status to Full Time Employee
If you're interested in another way to save, become a member, roll over funds, make withdrawals, etc., contact a vendor from the approved vendor list with questions.
LaTonya Price, Director of Employee Benefits and Compensation:
- Maintains vendor relationships
- Oversees the retirement savings plans
- Serves as the Employer Representative coordinating all retirement account transactions.
Additional Retirement Options
Learn about our additional optional retirement choices, like Texa$aver.
LaTonya Price, Director of Employee Benefits and Compensation
Updated April 20, 2021