Movers Unlimited is the Northeast Campus resident, pre-professional dance company. Under the direction of Kihyoung Choi, Ph.D., company members are selected through auditions.
We focus on community service and outreach as well as dance education in local schools to contribute to our community’s artistic enrichment.
Company members become versatile, well-rounded dancers by performing an advanced repertoire of:
- Classical and contemporary ballet (pointe)
- Modern / contemporary dance
- Hip-hop dance
- Jazz dance
- Musical theatre
- Tap dance
- Broadway Cares in NYC
- SAGE in NYC
- American College Dance Festival
- Denton Collage Dance Festival
- Fort Worth Pride 2016
- Muscle Memory Dance Theatre
- HEB Chamber Gala
- Bedford Arts Festival
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce
2014 Dallas DanceFest
Movers Unlimited performed in this showcase of excellence in dance that celebrates the outstanding contributions of distinguished leaders in the field. We were recognized as one of the dance companies that reflects vibrancy, vitality, diversity and excellence.
Community Outreach and Fundraisers
We volunteer and hold several fundraisers throughout the year to benefit local and national organizations, such as:
- Humane Society of North Texas
- Tarrant Area Food Bank
- God’s Love We Deliver
- Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS
- SAGE (Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders)
- Dancers Responding to Aids
- Empowering Seniors
- Come Read with Me
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
Auditions consist of 3 parts. Dancers will:
- Learn and perform one movement combination from any of the following styles:
- Musical Theatre
- Perform their solo (length: 1–2 minutes) of any type of dance style.
- Have a short interview with judges.
- Experience in 1 or more of the following styles of dance:
- Musical Theatre
- Willingness to explore diverse dance forms in order to develop strong performance skills.
If selected, dancers must be enrolled in Dance Practicum (Monday/Wednesday 3-hour rehearsal class) on Northeast Campus.
Once the next auditions are scheduled, we will post details here.
Kihyoung Choi, Professor of Dance
Updated December 15, 2017