Register with SAR

If you have a qualifying disability (as defined in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the American with Disabilities Act), you can register with the Student Accessibility Resources (SAR) Office for accommodations at TCC.

SAR does not provide personal attendants, individually prescribed devices (such as reading glasses) or personal services (such as tutoring or typing).

If you receive accommodations, disability-related information may be shared on a need-to-know basis within TCC in accordance with FERPA guidelines.

Step 1: Contact the SAR Office

Contact the SAR Office to start your request. This applies also if you're a dual credit student, early college high school student, or continuing education student.

You should contact the SAR Office at least 3 weeks before your first day of class to make sure you'll have your accommodations ready on time.

Step 2: Provide Documentation

For the SAR Office to fully review your request, we ask you to provide documentation about your condition. Find the list of what to include in your documentation.

Step 3: Complete a Student Request Form

Download the Student Request Form.

Step 4: Schedule an Intake Meeting with the SAR Office

Contact the SAR Office to schedule an intake meeting.

TSI Accommodations Request

You must request an accommodation intake meeting with the SAR Office before you can take the TSI Assessment with accommodations.

Classroom Accommodations Request

You can request an accommodation intake meeting with the SAR Office after you take the TSI Assessment and have registered for classes.

What happens next?

Once your paperwork and eligibility have been reviewed and verified, you will be contacted about your accommodation request.

If you've been approved, you'll receive a letter of accommodation. It is your responsibility every semester to show this to your instructor for the classes where you're requesting accommodations.

SAR will create and maintain an electronic file for you that will be kept up to 5 years.

Complaints of Discrimination

If you feel that you have been discriminated against based on race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or age, by any employee of Tarrant County College, you are to file a compliant using the Employee Relations Report Form and submit to the Office of Human Resources.

Employee Relations Department
Phone: 817-515-5281
Fax: 817-515-0108

Updated January 20, 2023