VetSuccess on Campus
TCC Veterans and Military Services and the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) have joined together for VetSuccess on Campus, a collaborative effort to help you make a smooth transition to college life and have academic and vocational success.
If you are a veteran, active duty military or an eligible family member who attends or plans to attend TCC, call or come by to meet with a VA VetSuccess on-campus counselor.
Contact your campus's Veterans Services for additional help.
How can VA VetSuccess counselors help you?
Our on-campus counselors from the VA can help you:
- Manage your education benefits
- Explore vocations and select a suitable major / career
- Elect your healthcare benefits with Veterans Healthcare Administration
- Access, understand and apply for VA benefits (e.g., Disability Compensation, Life Insurance, Education, Home Loan Guaranty and Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Get referrals for medical and mental health care
- Get referrals for readjustment counseling services for eligible Veterans and their families
- Coordinate with school faculty/staff to provide Veteran-specific services (e.g., VA Certifying Official, Career Center, Student Disabilities Services, Counseling Center)
- Find job placement assistance and coordinate with Local Veterans' Employment Representatives (LVER) and Disabled Veterans' Outreach Programs (DVOP)
- Locate community and other resources
Your VA VetSuccess On-Campus Counselor
Hours are Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Jimmicia Lattimore, MS
VetSuccess Counselor Department of Veterans Affairs
Serves: Northeast and Northwest Campuses
Office: 254-299-9666 ext. 4966
Hours are Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Need more help?
Ask one of our contacts for veterans and military-connected students.
Updated January 20, 2023