Cost Analysis: Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
2019–2020 Approximate Costs per Semester for Physical Therapist Assistant
- Length of program: 2 years (5 consecutive semesters)
- Degree: Associate of Applied Science—Physical Therapist Assistant
|Approximate Cost per Semester||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|Approximate Cost per Semester||Fall||Spring|
|Tuition & Fees||$704||$704|
Approximate Total Cost: $8,620.35
1Tuition estimate is for Tarrant County residents and does not include:
- New text cost changes
- Costs related to attending clinical practice, such as:
- Parking fees
- Fees for drug screening, 2 background checks, and compliance tracking: $140 (approximately)
- If you take prescription meds, the drug screening fee will be an additional $50
- Fees for the national licensure exam: $650 (approximately)
Tuition for out-of-county Texas residents is an additional $62/semester hour.
For details, see Tuition and Fees.
- Personal copying/printing fees (paper and ink)
- Office supplies
- Gait belt
- Goniometry equipment
- Clinic shoes
- Clinic ID badge
APTA membership is required for some course materials and assignments.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated September 20, 2021