Scholarships for Respiratory Care
If you are currently enrolled in our Respiratory Care Program, you are eligible for the scholarships listed below.
- No application is necessary; however, a statement of financial need is required for those scholarships that have need as a criterion.
- Additional information concerning scholarship, loans and student employment is available from the Office of Financial Aid.
- Application for loans, scholarships or student employment may be made during the initial interview with a counselor.
Tarrant County College Respiratory Care Club
- Awarded to a first year student, and a member of the Respiratory Care Club.
- Based upon financial need and scholastic ability.1
- Sponsored by the TCC Respiratory Care Club
The John Hiser AARC President's Scholarship
- Based on leadership, scholastic ability, attitude, clinical performance and financial need.
- Sponsored by the AARC, TCC and John Hiser.
1Statement of financial need required.
Cristine Bernardez-Oakes Scholarship
- Awarded to a second year student.
- Based upon scholastic ability, clinical performance, attitude and interest in the profession.
- From the Bernardez and Farrar families.
All program scholarships range in value from $250 to $1250.
Area Hospital Scholarships
Some area hospitals offer scholarships that cover part or all of the expenses of the program. The scholarships are based upon a commitment to work for the hospital following graduation. Contact the Program Coordinator for details.
Texas Society for Respiratory Care
The Texas Society for Respiratory Care awards from 3 to 6 scholarships each year to student members based upon an original paper written on a topic related to respiratory care. Visit the Texas Society for Respiratory Care for details.
American Respiratory Care Foundation
The American Respiratory Care Foundation awards scholarships each year to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated August 02, 2021