Program Goals: Surgical Technology
Provide a learning environment that will enable students to acquire the (1) knowledge, (2) technical skills, and (3) behavioral components they need for entry-level employment as a competent Surgical Technologist.
Give our surgical technology students a broad background in these basic sciences:
- Medical terminology
This background serves as the foundation for the advanced subjects.
Teach our students the practical aspects of:
- Operating room procedures
- Sterile techniques
- Instrument set-ups
- Patient-care techniques
- Assessment and treatment of emergencies encountered during surgery
- Professional growth
Associate of Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) Goals
Upon successful completion of our A.A.S., you should be able to show the following:
- Demonstrate surgical technology skills by progressing through structured learning activities
- Acquire knowledge for use in delivering culturally congruent patient care
- Use knowledge acquired from biological, social and psychological studies
- Practice acquired knowledge in clinical areas
- Apply surgical asepsis in varied practice settings
- Participate as a member of the surgical team to deliver optimum care
Affective (Culture Care)
- Demonstrate the development of ideals, accountability, and a professional attitude
- Assume responsibility for self-assessment of learning needs
Trinity River Campus East
Chris Blevins, CST
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated September 20, 2021