Surgical technologists prepare instruments for use in the operating room.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Surgical Technology?
- Work as an important member of surgical teams
- Meet the challenge of working safely & efficiently in dynamic surgical settings
- Enter a high-demand field where you can work with patients, medical professionals & sophisticated equipment
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Prepare operating rooms for surgery
- Sterilize & organize instruments for surgery
- Prepare patients for surgery: position them on the table, cover them with sterile drapes, wash & disinfect incision location(s)
- Maintain a sterile field in the surgical suite
Explore the professional organization
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
Texas Veterans Commission (TVC)-approved
You can use your Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits to pay for this program.
Questions? See VetSuccess on Campus
Surgical Technology is a selective admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the selective admission requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to our Surgical Technology program.
Get the details on these pages:
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Attend an Information Session
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
Health Care Professions Advising Resource Hub
Our Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) through the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA).
Accreditation is achieved upon the recommendations by ARC/STSA, which is the only CAAHEP-recognized Committee on Accreditation for education programs in surgical technology and surgical assisting.
Address: 9355 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775
Address: 6 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite 110, Littleton CO 80120
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Exam Pass Rate
- 2016: 88%
- 2017: 100%
- 2018: 95%
- 2019: 100%
Student Retention Rate
- 2016: 87%
- 2017: 71%
- 2018: 75%
- 2019: 83%
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to career and promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Trinity River Campus East
Chris Blevins, CST
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated September 07, 2021