Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 11
- Total hours: 424
- CEUs: 42.4
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Types of instruction: classroom, lab & internship
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northwest
Our program curriculum provides you with the technical skills and knowledge to operate and maintain wastewater treatment plants effectively and safely.
You will learn how to:
- Produce high quality, clean, safe treated water for discharge to the environment or for reuse
- Prevent public health hazards from water-borne pathogens
- Manage receiving water watershed environmental quality
- Monitor wastewater treatment processes using sampling and laboratory techniques efficiently
The program courses are intended for:
- Entry-level employees
- Experienced operators who want to enhance their knowledge
- Experienced operators who seek training hours toward license renewal
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion, and you will be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ licensing exam provided all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
- EPCT-1025 Basic Wastewater Operations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Wastewater Laboratory
- EPCT-1092 Internship 1 Wastewater
- EPCT-1092 Internship 2 Wastewater
- EPCT-1092 Internship 3 Wastewater
- EPCT-2021 Wastewater Collection
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- EPCT-2050 Wastewater Treatment
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Current operators have the option of taking individual courses that can provide in-service training or on-site training.
Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 Class Schedules
All courses are approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and are taught on TCC Northwest Campus.
20-hour Courses: $215
Basic Wastewater Operations
- September 13–15, 2021
- January 24–26, 2022
- October 11–13, 2021
- February 21–23, 2022
- October 25–27, 2021
- March 7–9, 2022
Water Utility Calculations
- November 8–10, 2021
- March 28–30, 2022
Water Utility Safety
- September 27–29, 2021
- February 7–9, 2022
24-hour Course: $280
Includes student hands-on component
- December 1–3, 2021
- April 13–15, 2022
Ready to take your exams?
The Northwest Campus Professional Certification Testing Center offers TCEQ computer-based test (CBT) exams. For a complete list of TCEQ exams or to schedule an appointment to test, email ProfessionalTesting@tccd.edu.
Please call or email me to make an appointment.
Updated October 05, 2021