Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 11
- Total hours: 424
- CEUs: 42.4
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Types of instruction: classroom, lab & internship
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northwest
Our program curriculum provides you with the technical skills and knowledge to operate and maintain wastewater treatment plants effectively and safely.
You will learn how to:
- Produce high quality, clean, safe treated water for discharge to the environment or for reuse
- Prevent public health hazards from water-borne pathogens
- Manage receiving water watershed environmental quality
- Monitor wastewater treatment processes using sampling and laboratory techniques efficiently
The program courses are intended for:
- Entry-level employees
- Experienced operators who want to enhance their knowledge
- Experienced operators who seek training hours toward license renewal
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion, and you will be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ licensing exam provided all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
- EPCT-1025 Basic Wastewater Operations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Wastewater Laboratory
- EPCT-1092 Internship 1 Wastewater
- EPCT-1092 Internship 2 Wastewater
- EPCT-1092 Internship 3 Wastewater
- EPCT-2021 Wastewater Collection
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- EPCT-2050 Wastewater Treatment
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
View class availability
- Login to MyTCCTrack.
- Select the Course Catalog module.
- Select the Advanced Search tab.
- Select the appropriate term (example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May).
- Choose a Subject from the pull-down menu and click submit.
- Under each course listed will be a link that says View Available Sections. Click on that link to find a list of sections for your selected subject/course.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Current operators have the option of taking individual courses that can provide in-service training or on-site training.
Spring 2021 Class Schedule
All courses are approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and are taught on TCC Northwest Campus.
20-hour Courses: $215
Basic Wastewater Operations
- Dates: May 3–5, 2021
- Dates: May 10–12, 2021
- Dates: March 8–10, 2021
Water Utility Calculations
- Dates: March 29–31, 2021
Water Utility Safety
- Dates: April 26–28, 2021
24-hour Course: $280
Includes student hands-on component
- Dates: April 7–9, 2021
Ready to take your exams?
The Northwest Campus Professional Certification Testing Center offers TCEQ computer-based test (CBT) exams. For a complete list of TCEQ exams or to schedule an appointment to test, email ProfessionalTesting@tccd.edu.
Margarett Williams, Coordinator
Ali Williamson, Program Coordinator
Please call or email me to make an appointment.
Updated July 09, 2021