Register for the HESI A2
You must have a TCC student ID number and intend on applying to a TCC nursing or health sciences program to take the HESI A2 exam at TCC.
You can take the HESI A2 exam through the following options:
- In person at the Trinity River Campus Testing Center ($52*)
- Online through ProctorU ($86*)
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
If you need testing accommodations, contact your campus Student Accessibility Resources (SAR) Office before you schedule your appointment to test.
Taking the HESI A2 Exam In Person through the Trinity River Campus Testing Center
To take the HESI A2 exam in person, you must:
- Bring a physical government-issued ID
- Register for an in-person test date with our RegisterBlast appointment system
- Log in or create a Evolve/Elsevier account to pay applicable testing fees (The Trinity River Testing Center will email you a payment ID code 24–48 hours after booking your appointment, then you can pay applicable testing fees)
- Print your Evolve/Elsevier receipt showing payment and bring it to the testing center on your exam date (This will be collected by testing center staff)
Taking the Online HESI A2 Exam through ProctorU
To take the exam online through ProctorU*, you’ll need:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Dry erase board and 1 dry erase marker for notetaking (Effective September 6, 2022)
*Note, this is not a full list of requirements. ProctorU may require additional materials.
Registering for the Online HESI A2 Exam
Use your TCC student email to send an email to TR.TestingServices@tccd.edu with the following information:
- Your name
- Your TCC student ID number
- Request for HESI A2 instructions for remote testing
Retaking the Online HESI A2 Exam
If you have already taken the online HESI A2 exam and 60 days have passed since your first test date, you may take the online HESI A2 again.
Canceling/Rescheduling an Online HESI A2 Exam
If you need to cancel or reschedule your online HESI A2 Exam, contact ProctorU at 855-772-8678.
TCC Testing Services is unable to cancel or reschedule your ProctorU exam appointment.
HESI fees are paid directly to Evolve/Elsevier. No fees are collected by TCC or the Testing Center. As such, we cannot authorize a refund.
Updated January 20, 2023