Each campus provides a testing center and offers a variety of tests, which may include:
- TSI Assessment
- ALEKS PPL - Advanced Math Placement Assessment
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Credit-by-Exam (CBE)
- eLearning testing
- General Education Development (GED)
- HESI A2 Admission Assessment
- Advanced Placement (AP) petition for TCC course credit
If you're currently enrolled in a math class, find and contact the math testing center at your campus to take an exam for your class.
TCC does not have an admissions test, however you may need to take a placement test. All new-to-college students are required to take a placement test to determine college readiness in reading, writing and mathematics before registering for restricted courses.
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSI) is the state-approved placement test. To satisfy TSI and course prerequisite requirements, you must meet or exceed the minimum passing standards.
Before You Take a Test
Whether you are testing for TCC or another institution, you must:
- Complete a TCC Application for Admission
- Have a TCC ID number
During Your Test
Pencils and scratch paper will be provided during your test.
When you visit your campus's testing center, you must:
- Bring a government-issued photo ID.
Examples: driver's license, passport, military ID or high school ID
- Turn off and store all electronic devices outside the testing room. This includes cell phones, smart watches, Bluetooth headphones.
Testing Services Mission Statement
To promote student success, Testing Services at Tarrant County College seeks to provide comprehensive, quality testing services in a calm, secure environment. We strive to give prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to all students and to promote honesty, integrity and fairness in all testing procedures. Testing Services subscribes to the mission and standards outlined by the National College Testing Association (NCTA).
Contact your campus Testing Center for more information.
Have questions? AskTCC
Updated April 18, 2019