How do I apply for financial aid?
To apply for federal aid, you must:
- Apply for admission to TCC
- Complete and submit your FAFSA
- Enter Tarrant County College's school code: 003626
- Make certain you are using the correct academic year when completing the FAFSA
- Use the IRS Retrieval Tool directly from your FAFSA when possible
- Request a virtual appointment to receive help completing your FAFSA or TASFA application
- Verify your application (if applicable)
- TCC will send a notice via your TCC email and/or the financial aid area of MyTCCTrack if you are selected and will explain the next steps to follow. Not all students will receive this additional email. Approximately 30 percent of students who apply for financial aid are selected for verification.
- Submit any other documentation as requested by Student Financial Aid Services.
Have a question about the basics of financial aid? Watch our Financial Aid 101 informational video series.
What is the priority deadline to submit my financial aid application?
To ensure availability of funding, all items must be completed and submitted by the following priority deadlines:
- Fall - March 1*
- Spring - October 1
- Summer - April 1
*Students who are fully admitted to TCC, apply for aid and have all paperwork completed by March 1 will be considered for Federal, State and Institutional aid. All others will be considered for available aid.
Even though financial aid applications may be submitted year-round, funding may be limited after the priority deadlines.
How often do I need to submit my financial aid application?
You must reapply and resubmit your documents for financial aid every year.
What's the next step?
Approximately 2 to 4 weeks after Student Financial Aid Services has received all of your information, you will be notified via your myTCC e-mail and the financial aid area of MyTCCTrack that an award letter is available detailing your eligibility for aid. Your award will be disbursed to your account approximately 7 days before the start of your first day of class.
If you do not have an award letter from TCC, you do not have financial aid. You may be required to pay your tuition and fees up front and be reimbursed during the semester, if you are eligible for funding.
Learn more about financial aid disbursement.
What if I'm an undocumented/DACA student?
Undocumented/DACA students who have been admitted to TCC under Senate Bill 1528 Provisions (which allow non-citizens to pay Texas resident tuition) may be eligible for State aid.
Fill out the TASFA application and view a complete list of instructions on our Application Checklist for Undocumented Students.
For help completing your TASFA application, request a virtual appointment with our Student Financial Aid Services staff.
How do I get help filling out my FAFSA?
Use one of the following options to receive help filling out your FAFSA:
- Request a virtual appointment with Student Financial Aid Services staff
- Contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center online or at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
- Watch a tutorial video for completing FAFSA via the myStudentAid mobile app
The 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA (link will open in a new window) instructional video, courtesy of the University of California, can help walk you through the process.
Federal Student Aid has created the FAFSA Form Tips playlist (link will open in a new window), a video tutorial series which helps you navigate the FAFSA process from logging in, to filling out and signing the form.
To learn how to create a Federal Student Aid ID, watch How to Create a FSA ID (link will open in a new window).
Updated July 12, 2021