Skip to main content

How do I apply for financial aid?

To apply for federal aid, you must:

  1. Apply for admission to TCC
  2. Submit your FAFSA
    • Enter Tarrant County College's school code: 003626
    • Make certain you are using the correct academic year when completing the FAFSA
    • Utilize the IRS Retrieval Tool directly from your FAFSA when possible
  3. Verify your application (if applicable)
    • TCC will send a notice via your TCC email and/or Self-Service Financial Aid (WebAdvisor) if you are selected and will explain the next steps to follow. Not all students will received this additional email. Approximately 30 percent of students who apply for financial aid are selected for verification.
  4. Submit any other documentation as requested by Student Financial Aid Services.

What is the priority deadline to submit my financial aid application?

To ensure availability of funding, all items must be completed and submitted by the following priority deadlines:

  • Fall - March 1*
  • Spring - October 1
  • Summer - April 1

*Students who are fully admitted to TCC, apply for aid and have all paperwork completed by March 1 will be considered for Federal, State and Institutional aid. All others will be considered for available aid.

Even though financial aid applications may be submitted year-round, funding may be limited after the priority deadlines.

How often do I need to submit my financial aid application?

You must reapply and resubmit your documents for financial aid every year.

What's the next step?

Approximately 2 to 4 weeks after Student Financial Aid Services has received all of your information, you will be notified via your myTCC e-mail and Self-Service Financial Aid in WebAdvisor that an award letter is available detailing your eligibility for aid. Your award will be disbursed to your account approximately 7 days before the start of your first day of class.

If you do not have an award letter from TCC, you do not have financial aid. You may be required to pay your tuition and fees up front and be reimbursed during the semester, if you are eligible for funding.

Learn more about financial aid disbursement.

What if I'm an undocumented/DACA student?

Undocumented/DACA students who have been admitted to TCC under Senate Bill 1528 Provisions (which allow non-citizens to pay Texas resident tuition) may be eligible for State aid.

Fill out the TASFA Application and view a complete list of instructions on our Application Checklist for Undocumented Students. See your campus's Financial Aid Office for additional information.

How do I get help filling out my FAFSA?

You can visit any one of our Student Financial Aid Services offices to receive help, or contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center online or at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).

The 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA(Link will open in a new window) instructional video, courtesy of the University of California, can help walk you through the process.

Federal Student Aid has created FAFSA and FSA ID Tips for Parents (link will open in a new window), a video tutorial which helps parents navigate the FAFSA process from logging in, to filling out and signing the form. To learn how to create a Federal Student Aid ID, watch How to Create a FSA ID (link will open in a new window).

Updated February 27, 2020