Skip to main content

Am I eligible for financial aid?

To receive federal student aid, you must:

  • Enroll or be accepted for enrollment in an associate degree or credit certificate program - at least 3 credit hours for most programs.
  • Maintain the Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress (SAP).
  • Be either a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen.*
  • Register with Selective Service. (Males between ages of 18-25)
  • Not have been convicted of an offense involving the possession or sale of an illegal substance, or have successfully completed a qualified drug rehabilitation program.
  • Not owe a refund on a federal loan or be in default on a federal education loan.
  • Have a high school diploma or GED.
  • Have a valid Social Security number.*
  • For most programs, demonstrate need as determined by the FAFSA.
  • Not be incarcerated in a state or federal prison.
  • Begin attendance in all classes each semester.

*Instructions are available for undocumented students (Admitted under Senate Bill 1528), or students benefiting from the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) who may qualify for State and TCC Financial Aid only. (PDF will open in a new window)

What's the next step?

Did you meet all the above requirements? Apply now for federal student aid.

Updated February 08, 2018