Stars of Tomorrow
The Stars of Tomorrow program can provide graduating public, private or home-schooled Tarrant County high school students with financial assistance if they graduate within the top half of their class and their family has met, or is under, the specified income threshold.
Funding is comprised of state and federal financial aid, plus income from the earnings from the leasing of mineral rights and other private sources.
What are the program benefits?
You can be offered a total benefit of $1,000 each semester, with a maximum benefit of up to $5,000 for a maximum of six semesters.
The total award amount per semester will be prorated based on your enrollment level.
- $1000 = 12+ semester hours
- $750 = 9–11 semester hours
- $500 = 6–8 semester hours
If the state and federal aid you receive is less than the amount of the award for a given semester, the balance will come from the fund.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for the Stars of Tomorrow program, you must:
- Be a resident of Tarrant County for tuition purposes.
- Graduate in the top 50 percent of any public or private high school class, or be exempt from Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements through approved tests.
- Eligibility for home-schooled students who reside in Tarrant County and graduates of high schools who do not have a class rank system is based on TSI exemption through approved tests.
- Enroll within one year of high school graduation.
- Have a family income level of $120,000 or less, as reported on the FAFSA.
What if I don't meet the requirements for graduation rate or TSI exemption?
If you're not immediately eligible to receive the award in the fall, you can apply and receive an award for the spring semester if you:
- Enroll in the fall for a minimum of 9 semester hours and pass at least 6 semester hours, and
- Obtain an overall GPA of 2.25 or better
When am I eligible to receive benefits?
If you graduate in May, you're eligible to receive benefits for the fall semester after your graduation.
You can apply for and receive the award in the spring or summer semester after graduation—but only if you have not attended another college or university in the interim.
How do I apply?
To qualify for the Stars of Tomorrow program, you're required to:
- Apply for admission to TCC.
- Apply for financial aid by completing either the FAFSA or TASFA. Learn more about financial aid eligibility.
- Meet Stars of Tomorrow program requirements, as listed above.
If you're chosen as a recipient, attend a Stars of Tomorrow orientation session and complete your orientation session form (PDF)Listen. To use the electronic signature function, download the form to your personal device.
For more information or questions, contact our Financial Aid offices.
Updated February 13, 2023