Stars of Tomorrow
The Stars of Tomorrow program provides financial awards if you're a graduating public, private or home-schooled high school student who is in the top half of your class and whose family meets specified income thresholds.
Funding is comprised of state and federal financial aid and income from the earnings from the leasing of mineral rights and other private sources.
How much financial aid does it award?
The program provides up to $4,000 over a maximum of six semesters, depending on the number of enrolled semester hours.
- $800 = 12+ semester hours
- $600 = 9–11 semester hours
- $400 = 6–8 semester hours
If state and federal aid you receive is less than the amount of the award for a given semester, the balance will come from the fund.
How do I know if I'm eligible?
If you graduate in May, you are eligible beginning the fall semester after graduation. You can apply for and receive the award in the spring or summer semester after graduation—but only if you have not attended another college or university in the interim.
If you are not immediately eligible in May, you can enroll at TCC in the fall semester after your graduation and apply for and receive an award the following spring. You must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 semester hours during the fall and pass at least 6 semester hours with an overall GPA of 2.25 or better.
To be eligible for the Stars of Tomorrow program, you must also:
- Be a resident of Tarrant County for tuition purposes.
- Graduate in the top 50 percent of any public or private high school class, or be exempt
from Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements through approved tests.
- Eligibility for home-schooled students who reside in Tarrant County and graduates of high schools who do not have a class rank system is based on TSI exemption through approved tests.
- Enroll within one year of high school graduation.
- Be at or below the following family income thresholds, as reported on the FAFSA.
|No. in Household||Family Income|
How do I apply?
To qualify for the Stars of Tomorrow program, you're required to:
- Apply for admission to TCC.
- Apply for federal student aid.
- Meet Stars of Tomorrow program requirements, as listed above.
- Attend a Stars of Tomorrow orientation session and complete your orientation session formListen (if chosen as a recipient; PDF will open in a new window).
The Stars of Tomorrow application process above must be completed by July 1.
Updated July 26, 2017