For transfer scholarships to other universities, visit Transfer Resources.
Learn about other types of financial aid.
Student Financial Aid Services Office Scholarships and Programs
Student Financial Aid Services Office (SFAS) makes available various other Financial Aid Programs/Scholarships upon completion of your FAFSA/TASFA application. For more information on any of the following programs, contact your campus Student Financial Aid Services.
- Stars of Tomorrow Program: Provides graduating public, private or home-schooled Tarrant County high school students with financial assistance if they graduate within the top half of their class and their family is at or under $120,000 in income. Consideration for this award offers up to $1,000 in value per semester if you're eligible. Apply for the Stars of Tomorrow Program.
- T3 Last Dollar Scholarship: The Tarrant To and Through (T3) Partnership provides eligible students with a "last dollar" tuition-free scholarship to TCC. The scholarship would provide for up to 8 consecutive semesters (excluding summer) or the completion of a certificate or associates degree. The T3 scholarship would cover any remaining tuition costs after all PELL and/or other federal, state, or institutional aid has been applied. For additional information regarding the T3 scholarship, visit the Tarrant To and Through Partnership website.
- Tarrant County College Book Scholarship: Provides a $400 per semester award. Requires enrollment of nine hours minimum, at least a 2.75 GPA and an EFC greater than $4,401.
- Mary I. Gourley Scholarship: A scholarship program that uses your financial need, age, family obligations, prior academic achievement and recommendations from the Director of SFAS as the main criteria to select applicants. In addition, preference is given to heads of household and students who have a medical/handicap condition or have a child with a medical/handicap condition. Recipients must have completed 30 College hours, be enrolled in at least 12 hours and achieved a 3.0 cumulative GPA to receive this award. Contact your campus SFAS Director for application instructions.
TCC Foundation, TCC Department and Outside Scholarships
The TCC Foundation administers a variety of scholarships, including general Foundation scholarships, community, faculty/staff development and school district partnerships. For scholarship requirements, how to apply and important dates visit the scholarship page on the TCC Foundation website.
Academic program scholarships are also available with various award criteria. These awards generally require a specific major. Contact the department of your academic program for more information.
Private organizations, including businesses, churches, civic groups and clubs, also make scholarships available to deserving students. Check with your local library and private organizations for scholarships. Search these sites for more scholarships:
- College Board
- College for All Texans
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
State of Texas Exemptions, Waivers, Scholarships and Other Aid Programs
TCC also participates in many of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's (THECB) exemptions, waivers, scholarships and other aid programs. Find more information about these programs on THECB College for All Texans website.
Updated January 12, 2024