Credit for Active Duty Military Service
Credit may be granted only if the following criteria are met:
- Must have graduated from a public or private high school credited by a generally recognized accrediting organization or a Department of Defense high school or have earned a GED; AND
- Must be honorably discharged after serving at least two years of active duty service in the Armed Forces OR be honorably discharged because of a disability.
How to Request Credit
Submit the following to a campus Admissions and Registrar Office:
- Joint Service Transcripts (Army, Marine, Navy and Coast Guard) or Air Force Transcript (Air University/CCAF)
- JSTs must be sent electronically. To request an electronic copy, log in to your account and find the Transcripts link. Search for Tarrant County College and choose the option "Tarrant County College - All campuses".
- High School Transcript or GED certificate
- DD214 (Report of Separation)
Upon receipt of the military transcripts, the following credit may be granted:
- Two (2) semester hours of physical education including KINE-1164
- Six (6) semester hours of general electives (If you attended TCC prior to Spring 2015, you have the option to decline this credit)
If you receive VA benefits or financial aid, you should consult a campus Admissions and Registrar Office, VetSuccess counselor, or financial aid representative concerning receipt of generic elective credit.
Updated September 20, 2018