Dental Hygiene Program Mission & Goals
To provide quality entry-level dental hygiene education in an advanced technological, humanistic, cost-effective atmosphere that meets the oral health needs of a diverse community.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Goal 1: Be academically proficient at entry level to perform the professional roles of the
- Specifically, the program will provide didactic knowledge through the TCC Dental Hygiene Curriculum.
- Goal 2: Be clinically proficient at entry level to perform the functions delegated to the
- Specifically, the program will provide an evidenced-based approach in the Dental Hygiene Process of Care.
- Goal 3: Pursue life-long professional growth and development.
- Specifically, the program will encourage, support and mentor opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Goal 4: Exhibit ethical behavior in workplace relationships and settings.
- Specifically, the program will provide a framework for ethical growth.
- Goal 5: Promote health in diverse populations.
- Specifically, the program will provide the knowledge and skills to serve all persons.
- Goal 6: Faculty and administration will jointly support a program of excellence.
Specifically, the program will continually strive to provide the most relevant learning environment.
Updated July 27, 2021