Robotics & Automation
Interested in learning how to combine mechanical and electronic technologies? Then our Robotics & Automation program is for you!
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Robotics & Automation?
- Gain a solid technical background & the manual skills to fabricate, test, install, operate & maintain automated equipment.
- Prepare for jobs such as:
- Automation technician
- Robotics Technician
- Electro-mechanical technician
- Receive hands-on training in robotic systems
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Operate, test & maintain automated, robotic, or electromechanical equipment
- Read blueprints, schematics & diagrams to figure out the best way to assemble a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Use soldering equipment & hand tools to build equipment, install parts & position hardware
- Apply your knowledge of microprocessors, electronics, mechanics, hydraulics & feedback systems to troubleshoot robotic systems.
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- You must earn college-ready scores on the TSI math section and be ready to start on the Algebraic Math Pathway.
- Once you earn your A.A.S. degree in Robotics & Automation, you will be prepared to start your career in industrial environments, such as energy, plastics, computer and communications equipment manufacturing, and aerospace.
- Electro-mechanical technicians work closely with electrical and mechanical engineers, so you must work well in team environments.
- You will have to learn to use a variety of electrical tools & measuring systems.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Electronics Technology - Robotics and Automation||60||$3,840|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Start on Your Pathway!
Mechanical & Industrial Technology Department
Career & Technical Education (CTE) Advisor
Updated September 07, 2021