Human & Public Service Pathway

Dedicated to helping the community?

Ever since you were a kid, have you wanted to protect and serve your community?

Explore Our Human & Public Service Pathway

Child Development

Prepare to be a lead teacher or director of early care and education programs. Or continue your studies in child development, family studies and human development. Our programs include field experience and lab hours.

Criminal Justice

Prepare to work in law enforcement in public or private sectors. Already work in a criminal justice field? Our program can help you increase your abilities and career opportunities.

Fire Protection Technology

Help keep your community safe and help others when crises do happen. Already work in fire service? Our program can help you increase your abilities and career opportunities.


Take Kinesiology courses to play your favorite sport, have fun and live a healthy life. Complete our Associate of Arts (A.A.) in Kinesiology and apply your 1st- and 2nd-year course credits to a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology.

Library Technician

Prepare to work supporting information professionals and librarians. Learn how to help library visitors find the information they seek. Build a base in library technology and gain practical experience.

Paralegal Studies

Prepare to work in legal teams. Learn how to help attorneys prepare for hearings, trials, real estate closings and client meetings.

Sign Language Interpreting

Learn to communicate effectively in American Sign Language (ASL). Study finger spelling, vocabulary, basic sentence structure, American Deaf culture and interpreting as a profession.

Teacher Education

Prepare to teach children from kindergarten through 12th grade. Our Associate of Arts in Teaching (A.A.T.) degrees include a general education foundation and a specialization. You will be able to transfer your credits to a 4-year university program.

Associate of Arts (A.A.) for Human & Public Service

Explore different subjects while completing 1st- and 2nd-year courses that will generally transfer to a 4-year college or university.

Updated January 20, 2023