Mental Health & Human Services
- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Level 1 (24–30 semester credit hours)
- Transfer: Field of Study (15 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Northeast Campus
Our program will prepare you to get a job or to continue your education in mental health and human services at a 4-year institution.
You will gain knowledge and skills in these service areas:
- Mental health
- Intellectual disability
- Alcohol abuse
- Other drug abuse
Mental Health Occupations
Mental health professionals share in the personal reward of helping individuals with psychological and social difficulties in need of their services.
If you are interested in entering this field, you should have:
- Mental stability
Program-related courses are offered on Northeast Campus only. You can take core courses on any campus.
We prefer you take the following before enrolling in our program courses:
To certify as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) Intern
- Complete all other coursework and these 5 courses :
- Take these 2 courses at the same time:
Criminal Background Check
You must undergo and pass the criminal background check for the State of Texas in order to receive certification as a LCDC Intern.
- Learn more: Criminal Background Check & State Requirements
Texas Administrative Code
Health Services Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors:
Texas Department of State Health Services
Amy Rhodes, Instructional Associate & Field Placement Coordinator
Angela Shindoll, M.A., LCDC, Instructor & Program Coordinator
Updated May 26, 2020