College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Earn college credit by showing mastery of a college subject with the College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
- All TCC Testing Centers administer all 33 CLEP exams.
- Visit the College Board CLEP Web pages for exam descriptions, fact sheets and scores.
- CLEP exams are administered by appointment only.
- You do not have to be currently enrolled as a TCC student to take a CLEP exam in one of the TCC Testing Centers.
- To take a CLEP exam at TCC for another institution, you must:
- Complete an application for admission
- Have a TCC ID number
- Official results can take up to 4 weeks.
- All our Testing Centers process CLEP scores from other colleges for TCC credit.
CLEP Exams & Your TCC Courses
- TCC gives credit for 22 of the 33 CLEP exams and allows up to 18 semester hours to be earned toward a degree or certificate. Review the list of CLEP exams TCC gives credit toward.
- You must be enrolled at least 1 full term at TCC and be enrolled at TCC during the term for which credit is posted on the permanent record.
- $89 CLEP exam fee
- $25 Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee per course
- There is a 3-month waiting period.
- The exam fee and PLA fee must be repaid.
Register for the CLEP Test
CLEP tests are administered only during the regular fall (September–November) and spring (January–April) semesters.
No summer CLEP tests are given.
Sign Up for the CLEP Test
Take your CLEP Test at home via CollegeBoard.
Contact Testing Services for more information about the CLEP test.
Updated June 03, 2021