College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
If you want to earn college credit by exhibiting mastery of a college subject, you can participate with the College Level Examination Program.
- All TCC Testing Centers administer all 33 CLEP exams.
- Visit the College Board CLEP Web pages for exam descriptions and fact sheets.
- CLEP exams are administered by appointment only.
- You do not have to be currently enrolled as a TCC student to take a CLEP exam in one of the TCC Testing Centers.
- To take a CLEP exam at TCC for another institution, you must:
- Complete an application for admission
- Have a TCC ID number
- Official results can take up to four weeks.
- All our Testing Centers process CLEP scores from other colleges for TCC credit.
CLEP Exams & Your TCC Courses
- TCC gives credit for 20 of the 33 CLEP exams and allows up to 18 semester hours to be earned toward a degree. Review the list of CLEP exams TCC gives credit toward.
- You must be enrolled at least 1 full term at TCC and be enrolled at TCC during the term for which credit is posted on the permanent record.
CLEP tests are administered only during the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
No summer CLEP tests are given.
|Campus Testing Center||Fall 2019 Test Dates|
|Northeast||August 21–November 27|
|Northwest||August 26–November 15|
|South||August 26–November 14|
|Southeast||August 27–November 14|
|Trinity River||August 26–November 26|
- $89 CLEP exam fee
- $25 Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee per course
- There is a 3-month waiting period.
- The exam fee and PLA fee must be repaid.
Updated November 15, 2019