Skip to main content

Financial Aid FAQ

Beginning Summer 2015, financial aid disbursements will be calculated based on your TCC eligible active academic program and your enrollment for the semester. Federal regulations require TCC students to be in an eligible TCC academic program to receive financial aid. Only classes required for your eligible active academic program will qualify for financial aid.

If you are not sure of your academic program, login to WebAdvisor and select the link under Student Records Services, marked Degree Audit. If your degree is not correct, please update your academic program by visiting your campus Admissions and Registrar Office or requesting a program change in WebAdvisor.

Frequently Asked Questions

What TCC programs are eligible for financial aid?

Any credit program that grants an associate degree, and any certificate program at least 16 credit hours in length. Exception: Recently approved certificate programs may be ineligible until we receive federal approval.

Why do I need to be in an eligible academic program?

Financial aid is only available for students who are pursuing a degree program and/or eligible certificate program at a college or university.

How do I verify my active academic program or check if my classes are on my active academic program?

You can view your current active program degree audit in WebAdvisor:

  1. Log in to WebAdvisor
  2. Select Students
  3. Select Degree Audit in the Student Records Services section
  4. Select Active Program and click submit

How do I change my academic program?

You can update your academic program at any campus Admissions and Registrar Office or in WebAdvisor. To change your academic program in WebAdvisor:

  1. Log in to WebAdvisor
  2. Select Students
  3. Select Change My Academic Program in the Student Records Services section
  4. Select an academic program and complete the form
  5. Click submit
  6. Read and confirm the change of program notice

How do I update my catalog year?

You can update your academic program catalog year at any campus Admissions and Registrar Office or by submitting an email request to

What do I do if I have questions about which academic program to choose, or which classes to choose for my academic program?

You can make an appointment in WebAdvisor to visit with an academic advisor:

  1. Log in to WebAdvisor
  2. Select Students
  3. Select the Advising by Appointment button at the top of the page
  4. Select Continue to the appointment scheduler at the bottom of the page
  5. Log on to ClockWork with your WebAdvisor username and password

Updated April 06, 2017