Form 1098-T Tax Information
1098-T forms are now available. Check your my.tccd.edu for the latest updates.
In accordance with the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, the Form 1098-T will be provided to you, the student. The Act provides for tax credits if you meet certain qualifications.
The Form 1098-T is informational only and should not be considered as tax opinion or advice. It serves to alert you that you may be eligible for the tax credit.
To access your 1098-T tax form:
- Login to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select 1098-T Tax Information under the Business Services heading
- Select the 1098 Information tab and choose "Receive my 1098 only in electronic format"
- Click Save
- Select the 1098 Information tab to view your available 1098 statements
If you do not consent to receive your 1098-T through the above steps, the last consent chosen in a prior year will determine if you receive a mailed paper copy.
The deadline to consent to the electronic format is January 23, 2019. If you do not submit your consent by this date, a paper copy of the form will be mailed. However, you can consent at any time after the listed deadline to also have online access to the electronic format.
More information about the Form 1098-T and how to use it can be found in the 1098-T Frequently Asked Questions.
Items to remember:
- Amounts paid will be limited to the amount of qualified tuition and related expenses billed within the same calendar year.
- Scholarships or grants will be reported as a payment and a deduction.
- Refunds and waivers reduce the reported tuition and fees.
- You will not receive the Form 1098-T if your tuition is fully exempted.
- The dollar figures provided on the 1098-T form (reported in Box 1) are determined by reviewing the institutional records of payments, billings and credits for the calendar year. This may or may not reflect the same amount paid as your own personal financial records.
- You should reference and compare your own documentation from the semesters attended.
- We strongly suggest you involve your tax advisor in reporting the appropriate amounts.
- The College reports 1098-T tax information to the IRS.
- Due to IRS regulations, you are required to provide a Tax Identification Number (TIN) to the College for 1098-T purposes.
- Continuing Education (CE) tuition payments are not included on the Form 1098-T.
- You are encouraged to consent to the electronic version of your 1098-T through WebAdvisor to gain immediate access when the forms are made available.
- Due to FERPA regulations, TCC will not email the Form 1098-T.
- Generic 1098-T information can be released to you through the 1098-T hotline by:
- Calling (817) 515-1098
- Using your @my.tccd.edu email to send an email request to 1098T.firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and student ID number in your email.
Updated February 18, 2019