Form 1098-T Tax Information
In accordance with the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, the Form 1098-T will be provided to you, the student. The Act provides for tax credits if you meet certain qualifications.
The Form 1098-T is informational only and should not be considered as tax opinion or advice. It serves to alert you that you may be eligible for the tax credit.
To access your 1098-T tax form:
- Login to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select 1098-T Tax Information under the Business Services heading
More information about the Form 1098-T and how to use it can be found in the 1098-T Frequently Asked Questions.
Items to remember:
- Tuition and fees directly related to your education are allowed as a tax credit, whereas other fees are not included.
- Scholarships or grants are considered deductions and are reported separately.
- Refunds and waivers reduce the reported tuition and fees.
- You will not receive the Form 1098-T if your tuition is fully waived or a third-party sponsor pays for your tuition.
- The dollar figures provided on the 1098-T form (reported in Box 2) are determined by reviewing the institutional records of billings and credits for the calendar year. This may or may not reflect what you paid during the tax year.
- You should reference and compare your own documentation from the semesters attended.
- We strongly suggest you involve your tax advisor in reporting the appropriate amounts.
- The College reports 1098-T tax information to the IRS.
- Due to IRS regulations, you are required to provide a Tax Identification Number (TIN) to the College for 1098-T purposes.
- Community and Industry Education (CIE) tuition is not included on the Form 1098-T.
- You are encouraged to select the electronic version through WebAdvisor to gain immediate access when the forms are made available to students.
- Due to FERPA regulations, TCC will not email the Form 1098-T.
- Generic 1098-T information can be released to you through the 1098-T hotline at (817) 515-1098.
Updated February 02, 2017