Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- Pathway: Business & Industry
Combine the business side of starting and operating a business with your passion to achieve your entrepreneurial goals.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why Choose Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management?
- Develop the skills you need to start & operate your own small business in any discipline—from aviation to horticulture to information technology
- Gain hands-on, real-life experience
- Study with faculty who have started, worked for, or managed new business ventures
- Walk away with an executable business model as well as tools & resources to use as you begin your entrepreneurial journey
Prepare for What You Will Do at Work
- Generate fresh ideas through creative thinking & problem-solving
- Develop new products or services
- Design effective strategies for:
- Customer service
- Relationship building
- Secure & manage the financial aspects of the company
Marketable Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before You Enroll, Think About:
- Our program is designed as a terminal degree: When you finish our degree, you should be ready and able to start, operate, and manage a business venture.
- Much of our curriculum is hands-on, and we expect you to use and apply what you learn throughout our program and beyond.
- You need to be a lifelong student who sees learning opportunities, such as this program, as part of an ongoing process.
- You must be willing to get out there and network with local entrepreneurs and business owners.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Occupational Skills Award
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
2023–2024 Academic Year
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Semester Credit Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Business Administration: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||60||$4,140|
|CRT1||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management I||21||$1,449|
|CRT2||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management II||45||$3,105|
|OSA||Small Business Associate||12||$828|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Continuing Education Programs
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated October 30, 2023